Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lake 2 Lake Relay


 I ran a race today..your name was on my shirt, I ran
not to win the race but simply because I can.

















The course, though difficult, at times was made easier today
Because in my heart and in my mind I could see your face.







And when there was a moment I wasn't sure I could push through I would forget my discomfort and I would remember you.

You a giant, brave, strong and sure  
You an athlete, working striving simply to endure.





You a champion, a warrrior, and a hero
The things you have overcome I can never know.



I received a medal when the race was done,
"Finisher" was the title I had won.

  
 If you received a medal for finishing this day
and there was an inscription on it what would the inscription say?
Vision-Effort-Faith-Courage-Prayer
                These are the marks of a true "Finisher"
Thank you my friend for your inspiring acts,
It was a privilege to wear your name upon my back.
Jill Smith November 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment